If you’re a homeowner, you probably know that doors and windows are one of the biggest culprits when it comes to losing warm air and money on heating your home. With the cool weather just around the corner, here are some ways you can prepare those areas of your home for the fall weather.
• Identify if you have any particularly drafty rooms
• Check the insulation level in your walls
• Inspect your home for any air leaks, checking on both the inside and outside of your home
• Seal any electrical outlets inside your home that might be leaking air
• Seal behind the trim on your windows and doors
• Add weatherstripping to your windows and doors
Want to make your home even more energy efficient? Try some of these tips from Bryan’s Fuel in Orangeville, Shelburne, Collingwood, Owen Sound and Caledon.Tips for Cutting Down Energy Consumption