Keeping your home warm this winter is easy – especially with the right tips and tricks! So before you go and turn up your heater, try some of these tips first.
1) Install a programmable thermostat – Keep your energy bill low, especially when you’re not home during the day
2) Let in sunlight – Even if it’s cold outside, opening your blinds to let the warm sunshine in is a great way to harness some natural heat!
3) Keep curtains closed at night – Curtains are a great way to keep the warm air you’ve built up over the course of the day inside instead of escaping through your windows
4) Use your wood fireplace sparingly – A lot of the heat from a wood burning stove can escape from the chimney and isn’t very efficient for heating the rest of your house
5) Change your ceiling fans – Most ceiling fans have a winter setting which reverses the direction, pushing the heat back down from your ceilings and into the rooms
6) Keep furniture away from vents – You don’t want anything to block the heat from coming out of your furnace and duct systems
7) Combat the stack effect – The stack effect is the movement of air in and out of your home, where warm air pulls cool air from outside through any gaps it can find; seal all of the gaps in your home before the winter
Don’t forget to get your furnace maintained before the winter sets in! Contact Bryan’s Fuel, serving Orangeville, Shelburne, Collingwood, Caledon, Owen Sound and beyond.Book Your Annual Furnace Maintenance