We use our lawn mowers a lot during the summer, and operating a lawn mower means you should be aware of safety hazards and be prepared.
1) Keep your lawn mower regularly maintained and cleaned to prevent overheating and fires
2) Keep track of kids at all times, and never let children ride as passengers on lawn mowers
3) Make sure you are wearing long pants and close-toed shoes when operating a lawn mower
4) Be aware of any twigs, rocks or even small toys which may be thrown by the lawn mower’s blades
5) Never start or refuel your lawn mower in a garage, always do so outside
6) Make sure the blades have stopped moving completely before removing grass clippings or debris
Check out some more of our safety tips for the summer from Bryan’s Fuel in Orangeville!