Fuel Oil Safety at Home
If you use oil for home heating, you use one of the most efficient forms of energy for heating your home. Here’s how to stay safe when dealing with fuel oil at home.
• Check your oil storage tank periodically to ensure it’s not leaking or may start leaking
• Have you oil burning appliances and oil storage tank maintained regularly
• Make sure snow and ice can’t fall on or near your tanks, especially those with exposed filters or oil lines
• Never let children play on or around fuel storage tanks
• Always keep flammable objects away from appliances that burn fuel and oil
• Don’t use outdoor oil burning equipment inside
• Only store heating oil or fuel in approved containers
• Never smoke within five feet of a storage tank
• Never mix fuels and oils
• If your storage tank or equipment is leaking oil, call Bryan’s Fuel immediately
Contact Bryan’s Fuel in Orangeville today!