Fuel Safety: Winter Recreation Vehicle Safety Tips
Don’t let the winter cold keep you indoors. Make the most of the snowy Ontario weather and get out on those snowmobiles and ATVs! Just remember to stay safe.
• Don’t drink and ride: Just like you wouldn’t drink before driving a car, you should never drink and drive a recreational vehicle – it’s the leading cause of snowmobile accidents and deaths
• Maintain a reasonable speed: It can be tempting for some people to really rev those engines, but speed is also a major cause of snowmobile accidents; always make sure you have time to react
• Keep a first aid kit: Especially if you’re going somewhere a little off the beaten path, it’s best to be prepared for accidents or getting lost; carry things like a flashlight, map, and compass
• Always wear a helmet: This is a “no-brainer,” but you should always wear a helmet when operating or riding on recreational vehicles
• Watch out for water: with the fairly mild winter we’ve been having, not all bodies of water will be covered with ice – but they might be disguised by snow, so stay alert
Bryan’s Fuel wishes you all a safe and fun winter!