Fuel Safety: How to Keep Diesel Engines Running Smoothly this Winter
Keep those diesel engines in top shape with our tips!
• Check the battery and have it load tested; it will also keep the oil smooth, preventing the vehicle from breaking down quickly
• Test glow plugs, harness, relays to ensure they’re operating properly; this will ensure your vehicle is operating at its best
• Use thinner oil; cold weather can thicken oil, which results in more stress on the engine
• Get the fuel system serviced to make sure it’s running efficiently
• Keep your diesel vehicle parked indoors as often as possible
• Regularly check the oil; make sure it’s not too thick and is not putting more stress on the engine
• Get regular tune-ups to avoid major problems down the road
Live in the Owen Sound, Collingwood, Shelburne, Orangeville areas or beyond? Consider joining our Card Lock program!