What Type of Fireplace is Right for Me?
When it comes to heating your home this winter, you have lots of options. Choosing the right fireplace for your home and your family can be intimidating and overwhelming, which is why we’ve put together this list of fireplaces for you to decide!
• Oldest and most traditional type of fireplaces
• Romantic feeling
• Come in open hearth, enclosed, and wood burning stoves
• Hard to install in a home if there isn’t already a wood burning fireplace
• Not as efficient as other types of fireplaces
• Not quite as romantic as wood burning
• Gas burns cleaner and creates more heat at a lower cost than wood
• Easy to construct or install
• Direct vented fireplaces can be vented through a new or existing chimney; also can use a pipe, allowing you to put them in any room and not change any of the house’s structure
• Ventless fireplaces are the easiest to install and don’t need a chimney or vent
• Becoming trendy because they are easy to install and have a contemporary design
• Clean and odourless, require minimal installation
• Existing fireplaces can be converted into ethanol burning fireplaces
• Possible to have a wall mounted fireplace on any wall you choose or a tabletop fireplace
• Don’t create as much heat as gas or wood burning fireplaces
• Easy to install
• Allows you to have the fireplace on with or without the heating element for ambience
• Cost-effective option
• Mantel electric fireplaces mimic a wood-burning fireplace but don’t have any venting or chimney access
Contact Bryan’s Fuel in Orangeville for all of your home heating fuel needs!