Preparing Your Home for a Winter Storm
Southern Ontario homeowners see their fair share of storms in the winter. From howling winds and feet of snow to -30 degree temperatures, make sure you’re prepared for the storms ahead.
• Get your roof checked to make sure it can withstand the weight of heavy snow
• Get your attic floor insulated to minimize the amount of heat that’s escaping
• Remove tree branches on your property that are dangerously close to your or a neighbour’s and could break with too much weight
• Keep your kitchen and bathroom cabinets open during really cold periods, allowing warm air to circulate around pipes
• Move any furniture that might be blocking your heat vents
• Close your chimney’s flue when you’re not using it