Bryan’s Fuel’s Spring Home Maintenance Checklist
Last fall and this winter, we brought you our home maintenance checklists to make homeownership a little easier. This spring, take advantage of our spring maintenance checklist so you can be sure you’re not missing any spring maintenance must-dos!
• Now is the perfect time to get your air conditioner maintained: before the hot weather starts when you’ll really need it
• Change the filters in your air conditioner
• Get any leaky faucets fixed, unclog any blocked drains and check for leaks in your water heater, dishwasher, washing machines and other appliances that use water
• Check your attic and garage for critters that might have taken up residence over the winter; also check that your insulation is still in good shape and that your attic has proper ventilation to prevent mould growth over the humid summer
• Set aside a weekend to do a good deep-clean of your home. Move around furniture, get behind the fridge and stove, and wash linens like curtains and blankets
• Inspect your home’s foundation for major cracks to prevent any spring flooding
• Do a window check for any possible air leaks; once your air conditioner starts up for the summer months, you don’t want to be losing that cool air through your windows
• Assess your outdoor furniture and decks; if furniture is damaged, replace or fix it, and look for warped or otherwise damaged deck boards
• Check your barbecue to make sure it’s still working; fill up the propane tank so you’re ready for your first barbecue of the season
• Inspect your roof for damaged shingles – they’ll have been exposed to a lot of potentially damaging ice, wind and snow over the winter – and replace them
• Inspect your gutters and downspouts to make sure they’re unobstructed and leading water away from your home’s foundation
Spring is also a great time to consider having your ducts cleaned in Orangeville, Shelburne, Owen Sound, Collingwood and Caledon. Find out why!