Holiday Party Safety Tips for Shelburne, Owen Sound, Orangeville and Collingwood
Whether you’re planning an office get together, a family event or a special holiday party with friends, there are lots of things to think about with any holiday party!
Throw the best holiday party this year with these safety tips!
• Keep decorative candles away from flammable objects – especially the Christmas tree or any other decorative foliage
• If you’re using a space heater, make sure it’s out of the way so no one will trip over it or its cord
• Asking your guests to take off their shoes? Provide them with slippers or warn them beforehand so they can bring their own
• Make sure your furnace has been maintained before the party – you don’t want it to have issues right in the middle of entertaining
• Make sure you’re not overloading your extension cords, and be sure to use the right ones for indoor and outdoor use
• Lighting the fireplace? Make sure there’s a perimeter around it if your holiday party includes children and animals
• Make sure cords for lights and extension cords aren’t frayed
• Keep the spark guard to your fireplace closed to prevent sparks from flying and potentially harming guests or starting a fire
• Remember: never put out a grease fire with water; instead, use baking soda or a fire extinguisher
• If you have pets, don’t cover the tree with tinsel; it can be poisonous if they eat it
• Never leave candles unattended
• Never leave your oven or stove unattended; while that delicious holiday food is cooking, make sure someone is always keeping an eye on it
We hope this this helps you have a safe and happy holiday season! Happy holidays from Bryan’s Fuel in Orangeville!