If you own a house or cottage in Collingwood, Shelburne or Orangeville, you know how cold our winters can be. But that doesn’t mean you have to throw your furnace into overdrive to keep your home toasty. Check out these tips so you can save money and stay warm this winter.
• Make a warm cup of herbal tea or cocoa before bed
• Keep a hot water bottle nearby
• Keep a basket full of blankets handy of a variety of thicknesses, sizes and materials
• Have a selection of slippers in different sizes for your family and guests
• Make sure you have a big, comfortable, cosy sweater for lazy evenings on the couch
• Use a space heater to conserve energy and only heat the part of the house you’re using