With winter just around the corner, you want your furnace to be in good working order. Not only will a working furnace give you peace of mind as we head into the colder months, but it could also save you money on your utility bills.
If you’re concerned about whether or not your furnace is working properly and whether you should get it replaced, here are some signs to look out for:
• How old is your furnace? Furnaces that are regularly maintained can live up to 25 years, so if your furnace is getting close or is older than that, it’s time to replace it
• Frequent repairs mean that your furnace may be on its way out
• Your utility bills are increasing but your usage hasn’t changed
• Your house isn’t heating evenly: some rooms are colder than others, while some are hotter
• The furnace is cycling on and off more often than normal
• You’re noticing humidity problems in your home, and perhaps you’ve even noticed mould
• Your furnace is excessively noisy all of a sudden, or has developed a rattle, buzz or hum
• Dust, soot, dirt or rust particles have been seeping out of the furnace vents
• There are visible signs of rust in your furnace and the surrounding area, or the components of your furnace are cracked or corroded
Replace your furnace with a high-efficiency unit to save up to 20% off your utility bills and stay warm this winter!