What You’ll Do – Role Responsibilities
- Circle Checks
- Follow Bryan’s Fuel process and MTO requirements for pre and post-trip inspection.
- Complete pre and post-trip paperwork and driver’s log (i.e. driver’s record of duty status, mileage records etc.)
- Report on vehicle and equipment deficiencies to dispatch office
- Work safely and utilize PPE as required
- Load Truck
- Understand the operation, procedures, and policies of loading equipment
- Calculate requirements of daily deliveries and load
- Complete TDG paperwork and placard vehicle as necessary for road transport
- Schedule Deliveries
- Understand delivery routing to efficiently deliver daily orders
- Advise dispatch office of changes to customer usage or delivery requirements
- Prioritize automatic delivery to customers
- Deliver Fuel
- Knowledge of the geographic delivery area
- Understand delivery safety and industry-accepted delivery procedures
- Maintain a declining balance of product onboard and a record of deliveries made
- Ensure TDG documents are updated and accurate following each delivery
- Complete customer delivery orders
- Assess the risk of potential property damage or injury
- Be part of active on-call rotation
- Visual Inspection
- Understand TSSA code requirements related to petroleum and propane handling and storage
- Operate within TSSA code and Bryan’s Fuel guidelines
- Report unsafe tanks and equipment to dispatch office
- Check on status of Regular Customers
- Be aware of changes in demand and adjust accordingly
- Communicate Possible Sales Leads
- Know who is responsible for fuel sales relay leads in a timely fashion
What You’ll Need – Requirements
- DZ Driver’s license required
- TDG, CPPI, WHMIS and propane PTO, PPO certification an asset
- Minimum 3 to 5 years driving experience
- Must possess a safe driving record
- Experience in the petroleum and transportation industry is an asset
- Ability to safely operate tandem, tri-axle vehicles, and petroleum/propane transfer equipment
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Strong time management skills with an emphasis on meeting deadlines
- Be organized, balance several tasks, problem solve, be creative with solutions and
- Interact effectively with internal and external parties
- Ability to provide desired outputs within prescribed timelines
- Aptitude for technology i.e tablets, operating systems, truck controls etc.
- Capability to complete basic mathematical calculations and read and understand written instructions
- Highly energetic
- Safety oriented
What The Team Has To Say:
Management is awesome! They treat everyone like family. A few examples include one time Bill lost his keys and Laura took the time to search the parking lot with him to help him find them. They also bring in ice cream sandwiches for everyone on hot days. They stand behind their employees 100%. They do not micromanage at all – they give the technicians the tools they need to do the job and trust them to get it done right. If you make a mistake, you fix it.
Teamwork is huge there! Everyone is always willing to jump in and help out.
About Bryan’s Fuel:
We believe that it is essential for our team to be committed to providing quality products and services to the communities in which we live and work. Our goal is to be the preferred provider of home heating and comfort products in the central Ontario region, where we have served residents for nearly 100 years.
We know the only way to thrive in a competitive environment is by granting our team the tools and freedom they need to handle their projects without feeling disadvantaged or micromanaged.
In our experience, when you treat your team like family, have their back when they need you, and give them the tools to do their best work — your business and your team will thrive. If you want to join our team and positively impact your community, we invite you to apply for a position!