Considering geothermal energy for your home? Don’t be swayed by these myths!
1. Geothermal energy takes up a lot of yard space: In fact, earth loops used for geothermal energy can sometimes be buried vertically, taking up less space.
2. Heat pumps used for geothermal energy are loud: They’re actually really quiet, and none of the equipment is outside so you won’t have to worry about bothering your neighbours either.
3. Geothermal energy systems don’t last very long: This may have been true in the past, but new technologies have made geothermal heat-exchange equipment long-lasting, often for decades.
4. This type of energy uses and wastes a lot of water: No water is consumed with geothermal energy.
5. Geothermal energy is expensive: The price of geothermal energy installation is decreasing, and soon will be the same price as traditional systems.